Back in 2013 I got really inspired by the idea of starting a blog. So with great enthusiasm I set up ‘The Opinionated Woman’ as a way to express my opinions in a creative way and share the things I like with other people. Unfortunately this spark of motivation coincided with my second year (correction, my second attempt at my second year) of my architecture degree. Inevitably I barely had time to sleep let alone put time into writing blogs!
Fast forward three years and so many things have changed!
I got my degree and decided that I never want to be an architect, I became single after a 5 year relationship, I started studying Patisserie and I’m living in Cape Town. So in the wake of all this change I thought, you know what? let’s try this blog thing again!
So here it is, the new and improved Opinionated Woman. This post serves to both relaunch this blog and to introduce myself to you a little since I left that part out the first time round. Let’s do this in the form of 5 proper facts and 5 silly ones.
- My name is Amy
- I’m from Johannesburg, South Africa but I’ve lived in Cape Town for the last year.
- I work as an architectural technologist and our main client is a large fast food chain hereby known as ‘Food Who Shall Not Be Named’
- I love Harry Potter so much I have a quote from it, with a snitch, tattooed on my arm.
- I study patisserie part time at Silwood School of Cookery
- Including all my step brothers I have 11 siblings
- I love driving alone because I can do my own alone-in-the-car karaoke, my favourites to sing to are One Direction, 5 Seconds of Summer and Panic! At the Disco
- I spend an inordinate amount of time watching YouTube videos, I just can’t help it.
- My favourite author (Jacqueline Wilson) has been my favourite since I was 9 and always will be.
- My party trick is to inflate my cheeks really big and wiggle my nose up and down like a gerbil.
So what should you expect from The Opinionated Woman 2.0 (shall I abbreviate it to TOW? Does that work? I’m skeptical) Well I’ll tell you:
- Recipes that I’ve developed and think are nom.
- Book reviews: because books make everything better
- DIY fun: because its cheaper and so satisfying!
- Miscellaneous niceness: anything I discover that makes me happy so it can possibly make you happy too!